Kettle Run High School
Girls Varsity Soccer
Our games have been postponed until 4/20. We will have practice tomorrow at 3:15.
For those that could not make the parent meeting on Last night, please see below for important information that was covered.
- a. This years athletic fee is $60 and is due before first game (First game is 3/14). Players who have not paid this fee will not play until fee is paid. pay online by going to https://fcps1.schoolcashonline.com or Checks can be made payable to Kettle Run High School and turned in to the coach(s).
- b. Pictures are March 16th – 4:10 4:30. We will let players know what color uniform to wear.
- c. On April 1st, the new website for sports will be at https://kettlerunhs.rschoolteams.com/
- d. The game schedules are posted on both https://kettlerunsports.org and https://kettlerunhs.rschoolteams.com/
All practices will be held outside from 3:15-5:00 unless otherwise instructed by the coach(s). If weather permits us from being outside the indoor schedule is as follows:
2/21-3/3 and 4/11-4/21 Main Gym 5:00-6:00
3/6-3/17 and 4/24-/5/5 Main Gym 3:00-4:00
3/20-3/31 and 5/8-5/19 Main Gym 4:00-5:00
Parents and Players must complete rules form located on Kettle Run girls’ soccer news page. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPtEH60ZC9hUJ-FciMvRGAJpGDb2rYN0gMJ4hXELp0fsu5bw/viewform?usp=share_link
- Equal playing time is not guaranteed. Playing time is determined by the player’s attitude and performance in practices and games, as well as the team needs and game situations. The players whom the coaches determine are most effective will start and play the most.
- Coaches will not speak to Parents after a game regarding playing time.
- Injured players still need to attend practices.
- It is the players responsibility to notify coaches if they will be late or not be at practice
- Concessions - Need two parents for each home game to run concession stand. Varsity parents run it during JV games and JV parents run it during Varsity games. Coach Warren will be sending out link for parents to sign up online.
- Clock and Announcements - Need one or two parents during home games for announcements and running of the clock
- Ball Girls - JV will provide ball girls (4 each game) to support Varsity home games. JV players need to get with Coach Moore to sign up.
- Players who stay after need to hang out in the commons area while waiting on bus
- Meals – Players who stay after are welcome to bring their own food. Becky Fiel will be sending order forms home for those that are interested in purchasing meals for away games. These meals will be delivered and available to the girls after school on the days of away games. Players will have a choice of either Tropical Smoothie or Chic-Fil-A. All funds for this will be handled by Becky as this is not school related.
- Notes - Parents will have to sign players out at all away games if players are not riding the bus back to the school. If you want your player to ride home with another parent, the best way to do this is to write one note (please add all parents they are allowed to ride home with) and the player needs to turn it into the AD. He will initial it and give it to the coaches so we know who can ride with who.
Congratulations to the girls who made the Varsity and JV soccer teams! There will be a parent meeting Monday, February 27th, in room 310 (access from bus loop) from 5:30pm-6:00pm to discuss important details for the upcoming season. All players and parents must read and complete the KRHS Girls Soccer Rules at the link below.
Prior to tryouts: All players must turn in Physical form, Concussion History form and Concussion Acknowledgment form to Athletic Trainer (Reylin Morgan).
All tryouts will be held on the practice fields unless there is inclement weather preventing us from being outside, if so, changes will be posted to the school website. Players need to bring Running shoes, Cleats, Shin guards and their own water bottle every day. Players must also have appropriate clothing for all weather conditions.
2/20/2023 Goalies: 11:30-2:00 All Players: 12:00 – 2:00
2/21/2023 Goalies: 3:15-5:30 All Players: 3:15-5:00
2/22/2023 Goalies: 3:15-5:30 All Players: 3:15-5:00
2/23/2023 (if needed) Goalies: 3:15-5:30 All Players: 3:15-5:00
2/24/2023 (if needed) Goalies: 3:15-5:30 All Players: 3:15-5:00
Coaches will let players know about Thursday and Friday
Correction to the last post:
All players need the following THREE forms completed to participate in tryouts unless they played a fall or winter sport:
- 2021 version of the VHSL Physical (doctors signature needs to be dated after May 1st of 2022
- FCPS1 Concussion History form
- FCPS1 Acknowledgment form
I have attached a PDF version of all three of the forms combined for your convenience and below is the link to the google drive version
All players must have a completed VHSL Physical form (link below) completed and turned in to Reylin Morgan (KRHS Athletic Trainer) prior to tryouts on February 20th. The only exception to this is if you played a fall or winter sport this school year.
The tryout schedule will be posted on this site on February 16th.